When I became preggers with my son I knew the basics...you know, about having a painful labor, sleepless nights, and lots and lots of dirty diapers! Well, let me tell you, I have learned over the past 6 years that there is NOTHING anyone can tell you (or not tell you) that will prepare you for what you will go through! I have had so many laughs and shed a few tears over the years about the things that come along with having children.
I have decided to share with you everything you never wanted to know about parenting!
1. You will get peed on, many many times.
2. Toddlers like to take their dirty diapers off and sometimes they finger paint. Get the picture?
3. Spit up becomes actual vomit sooner than you'd like.
4. You will never sleep a full night again. Ever.
5. You breasts will squirt milk. Sometimes on your husband.
6. Stretch marks don't go away with magic creams(at least not mine)! They are battle scars. Wear them with pride!
7. Once children learn to talk, they do not stop!
8. You will most likely let your kids do everything you always said they never would. You know, sleep in your bed, eat dirt, and pick their noses!
9. You will do crazy things when you are exhausted. I have tried calling my husband from our T.V. remote control!
10. You will become magic! Yes, it's true...your hugs & kisses will cure boo boo's, your voice will soothe your children to sleep, and your love for your family will give you the strength and courage of super heroes!
The best part is that you will enjoy every second of it!
I love looking back and laughing about all the crazy memories parenting has given me thus far! I can't wait to see what the future brings!
Feel free to comment with your own parenting tid-bits! Of course everything above are just my silly opinions and experiences, and yours may vary...and that okay with me!