Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search One Little Mom

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rainy Day Ideas...



Winter has officially made it's way to my house and it is here to stay! On these cold and rainy days I have had to get a little more creative than usual when it comes to keeping my kiddos entertained(and for my own sanity). On a typically warm day here in Southern Ca. they can run around outside and burn of their energy...BUT not with the kind of weather we have been having...I would be the proud mother of a couple of 3 ft. tall popsicles! Anyhoo here are a few ideas I have come up with to keep 'em busy inside the house...

*Beauty Salon Day*
This is a favorite of Little Diva. Mommy is always the customer...I let her do my hair and make-up and she usually gets her nails painted!

*Pretend Store*
I let the kiddos set up shop in the living room. They like to sell toys(of course). We make pretend receipts, and they get to use my leftover bags from grocery shopping. 

*Restaurant*
I put down a huge waterproof blanket(it is meant for the beach) and the kiddos get to cooking with water and pots and pans! They get to serve Mommy and Daddy all of their creations...and we get all the water we need for the day! 

Those are our top 3 go-to ideas when we have to stay inside all day! What do you do to keep your kiddos happy on a rainy day?

No comments: