Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search One Little Mom

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

My experiences of playing outdoors with my family!

Playing outdoors is such a great way to connect with your family. There are so many different activities that you can take part in. On September 24th 2011 parents and kids are being encouraged to turn off their tv's and get outside! The Wordwide Day of play is the centerpiece of Nickelodeon's The Big Help. It is a program that empowers families to live a healthier lifestyle everyday. It is so important as parents to teach our children that they need to have limited tv time and more physical activity. There is no better way to teach them than to take part in it yourself!

Some of the ways I love to incorporate outdoor activities into the daily routine for my family is to come up with creative ways to get the kids moving. We love to make our own obstacle courses in the backyard, or run around  in the sprinklers in the summer. My children also love to do the typical outdoor activities such as riding their bikes and scooters, so to keep them engaged, I like to switch things up for them and set up bike or scooter races! When parents take the time to really play an active role in the daily outdoor activities and play with their children, everyone benefits, and it will create a healthier lifestyle for everyone! 

I have had some many great experiences with my family and made so many great memories playing outdoors with them. Even going on a simple walk with your family can make such a huge difference in your lives. I would love to know that every parent is really making a great effort to get their families, especially their children involved in the Wordwide Day Of Play! With Nickelodeon's The Big Help as the foundation for the program, I think it will be pretty easy to convince my kids that it is the right, and fun thing to do! After all they do think Nickelodeon is much cooler than mommy and daddy, so I will absolutely be using it to my advantage, shhh don't tell the kids!

Clorox2 is the very proud sponsor of Nickelodeon's 8th Annual Worldwide Day Of Play, and they want you...yes you, to turn off your tv and head over here http://clorox2play2day.com to take the pledge! I will be taking the pledge for my family and I hope you will be to! So, what are you waiting for? 


Disclosure: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox2® blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

No comments: