Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search One Little Mom

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

10 tips for de-cluttering and organizing toys in your child's playroom!

As a mommy of two very active and very playful children, I often struggle with the amount of toys they have and the clutter and mess that it can create daily. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love that they are extremely creative...but I am sure you know by now that a messy room of any kind is NOT my friend! One of Little Dudes favorite things to play with is his Hot Wheels collection. He will drag it out and play on the floor for hours, but when he is all done we are left with a sea of tiny cars covering the floor, and I have stepped on enough of them to make me want to pull my hair out! 

Well, Hot Wheels has made my dreams come true...they have created an innovative and fun way to get the tracks up off of the floors and onto the walls. They are called Wall Tracks, and they are amazing! They actually attach in a safe way to your child's bedroom or playroom wall...I am thrilled! Thank you Hot Wheels!

Although Hot Wheels Wall Tracks will absolutely help de-clutter Little Dudes room, here are my tips to helping you keep those bedrooms and playrooms organized:

1. I like to keep the boxes the toys come in. Why? Because the toys fit perfectly back in the which makes it very easy to store them away in a closet or under a bed.

2. Little Dude has a big toy storage bin in his closet. When in a rush to clean up we can just toss bigger toys in there, outta sight, outta mind...until next time!

3. We have used shoe boxes to store smaller toys like Little Divas Barbie clothes. They are easy for her to open and stack easily in her closet.

4. I save the old bags that bedding comes in. You know, the huge, zippered, plastic bags. They are perfect for storing toys like trains and tracks!

5. Make it easy for your kiddos to put things away by taking a picture of which toys go where and taping it to the appropriate bin or area.

6. I constantly go through the kids toys and check for anything that may have broke. Not only is it a safety hazard, but there is no reason to keep something that doesn't work properly.

7. Each one of my kiddos has a toy box in their room. They get to keep the things they play with most often in there for easy access. They make the room look cute too. Little Diva's is a Princess Horse Carriage!

8. Invest in a great bookcase. My kids have so many books that end up on their floor. A great bookcase will store them nicely and decorate the room at the same time. 

9. Have a garage sale. I love being able to sell some of the things the kids no longer play with and use the money we make to save for something they really want. 

10. Donate Donate Donate. This is by far the best tip I have. Helping a child in need is a great thing to do for adults and children alike, and it will help you get de-cluttered in your home. Win-win situation!

If you have any other tips that will help me become more organized and clutter free please leave me a comment! I need all the help I can get these days...

Disclosure: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hot Wheels® blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”


No comments: