Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search One Little Mom

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Where have all the manners gone?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a lack of manners in children lately? It seems like just about everywhere I go I notice at least one child who seems to have no manners at all! Even at Little Dudes school, there are kids who have pushed me and even Little Diva out of their way to get through the gate. CRAZY! All I can think is "where are your manners?" I want to scream it! Just a few weeks ago a young man (no older than the 5th grade) bumped into me(quite hard) and instead of turning around to say "excuse me" or maybe "I'm sorry" he says "what's up with you lady?" Yes that really happened. I was shocked.

I take great pride in my children's manners. "Please and Thank You" go a long way. So does a little "I'm sorry."

Just like chivalry, maybe manners are now considered "old school" or something from the "olden days". Personally I really hope that manners aren't on their way out the door. My children will continue to be kind and polite...if I have anything to do with it! 

Maybe manners are something that need to be taught in school, because apparently they are not practiced in some homes. This makes me sad. Very sad. 

Have you ever had a run in with someone who didn't have any manners at all...child or adult? Leave me a comment and tell me your story!

1 comment:

Chris said...

yeah, children nowadays have less manners. definitely. in department stores and in other public places.. you can see them there. i think it is because more parents nowadays are absent in the home because of having to work... thus the kids dont grow up with the proper values.