Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search One Little Mom

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 23, 2012

It's that time of the year...







No matter how many times I have wiped down door knobs, counter tops, tabletops, and toys-the inevitable has happened! You guessed it...Little Dude has the flu! I am up to my ears in vomit...ewwwww! Nothing is worse than waking up to a sick kiddo in the middle of the night (breaks my heart)! So...what do you all do to keep the germs at bay? I really don't want to see Little Diva get sick as well.

Here are a few Mommy Tips to keep your little ones flu free...

1. Wash Wash Wash! Make sure the kiddos are washing their hands before each meal and after playing outside. This goes for home and school. Make sure you are following the same routine-not only can you lead by example, but nothing is harder than being a sick Mommy(or Daddy)!

2. Sharing is caring...but don't share germs! Teach kiddos not to share drinks or snacks at school. I also have a strict sharing policy when it comes to chap stick and even pencils, crayons, and scissors at school. 

3. Wash bedding and toys on a regular basis. My favorite thing to use is Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface Daily Sanitizing Spray. 

If you are like me and your poor baby has already caught the flu bug here are a few tips...

1. Use a mixture of Clorox Bleach 3/4 cup of bleach per 1 gallon of water to clean toys. Simply let them soak for 5 minutes, rinse and dry.

2. Offer lots of fluids. The only thing worse than a sick kiddo is a sick kiddo who becomes dehydrated. 

3. Use disinfecting wipes on doorknobs, remote controls, and toilets. It is so important to stop those nasty germs dead in their tracks before them make their way to someone else.

Well...that is all for now. Wishing you a flu free month

Have another tip? Leave me a comment...I would love to add it to the list!

No comments: