Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search One Little Mom

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Day





As I sat in my living room watching my kids play this morning I asked Little Dude "Honey, do you know why you have a day off of school today?" He quickly responded "Yes, it's Kings day." Uh oh...I quickly realized that he indeed did not understand why or for whom he was home remembering today. So, I just wanted to remind everyone to take the time to explain to our little one's (to their capability) that days like this have a true meaning and they aren't just a day to stay home and miss school. 

Remember to be strong. Stand up for what you believe in. Have a voice. Not just today but everyday.

Happy Martin Luther King Day from my family to yours!

No comments: